Repurpose those Poinsettias

Christmas time is here again and undoubtedly, you’re seeing poinsettias everywhere. If you love the poinsettias you have in your home, you can plant them in your landscape and enjoy them naturally for many years to come.

I’ll never forget the first time I saw a poinsettia bush growing in a yard in the Houston Museum District. It was about 5 feet in height, had a bushy form, and was just getting its Christmas colors. I couldn’t help stopping to take it all in for a few minutes, all the while hoping the home owner wasn’t calling the cops about the this weirdo standing on his lawn. This lead me to do a little research and I found that not only will they grow into rather large bushes, we can also get to watch them transform from green to red in the winter for a little Christmas magic!

Comments

Popular Posts