Nightmare on my Street: A Gardener's Halloween Story

dayflower-banner

You see this? Looks innocent enough doesn’t it? Well don’t be fooled by those sweet-looking little blue flowers. This stuff is what nightmares are made of & it could be lurking somewhere near your yard! It can happen to you one day with no warning. You’re working in the garden… unknowingly you look under a prized plant & EEHH, EEHH, EEHH… THERE IT IS! Then you look to the right, there’s more! To the left, there’s more!!! It’s the invasion of scurvy weed!! Nooooo!!!!
Ok. So you say I’m being a bit too dramatic, but you don’t know what I’ve been through with this invasive weed! It started out as 1 little plant that popped up a few years ago. I decided to let it stay because of the pretty little flower – worst mistake of my life! From there it has moved to all areas of my garden, despite me pulling & pulling it seemingly every day.
istock_104417337_large

Comments

Popular Posts